Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mom & Dad Watch Jimmy Jump

Tonight my parents came out to watch Jimmy jump! I hand raked the entire arena & set up a new course – so by the time I got on I was pretty beat. I was sweating like an animal by the half-way point down one long side – not a good way to start!!! I had to peel off layers until I was comfortable enough to finish the job. WOW what an undertaking! Hopefully this week the arena gets drug for real by the tractor :-)

Jimmy bucked once tonight :-( It was a "STOP SPURRING ME" buck, which he never ever does. So I'm a little concerned because when we did carrot stretches before our ride tonight both sides of his neck popped quite a few times. Something to keep my eye on... I hope it was just an emotional moment, not him telling me his neck is out of alignment again so quickly!

Mom & Dad were very impressed with his flatwork, but especially impressed with his jumping. I had Mom take a video, which unfortunately is very pixelated because our arena is just so dark the camera can't really adjust and record unless it's full sunlight. Anyway - Enjoy the video! Jimmy was WONDERFUL tonight! A little hot, but I like him that way :-) My mom said he reminded her of Doobie tonight. Hearing that made my heart sing with rejoice and melt with love. RIP, my sweet, sweet Doobie.


Also - for those who love emotional, quick reads - this weekend I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain". It's similar to "Marley & Me", if that gives you an idea of what type of book it is. I read it straight through Friday night, I couldn't put it down. It was absolutely wonderful & the first four pages I was literally crying because I felt like Doobie himself had written those pages. Dogs and horses are astoundingly similar, I think.

No comments: