Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Horses Are Coming

Some of you may know, I am the Creative Director / Graphic Designer for the new event, Horse Days this year in Belvidere, IL.

Last Sunday we had a meeting and talked about all of the events, speakers, workshops, and clinics that we're hosting. We went around the table to discuss where we thought we could improve and how we thought we could make the event even better. Something you should know: at these meetings I am the ONLY hunter/jumper person, so I feel like the ambassador for all things hunter/jumper. Well it came time for me to pipe-in and they said "Jess? Your thoughts?" and because I always believe honesty is the best policy I told them how I felt.

After much consideration and discussion, Horse Days 2011 will be putting the wheels in motion to host a $1,500 Gambler's Choice Jumper Classic on Saturday evening, August 20th. While the prize money isn't set, the idea of the event was one I had up my sleeve that I've always been hoping to ride Jimmy in. I'm guessing the fences will be 3'-4' and entries will be in the ballpark of $50 for the class, with a minimum of $50 cash back to the lowest ribbon. I'm ecstatic about this and I hope you all Midwestern-ians (?!) will come and ride or come and watch!!!! And everyone else from around the country: interested in coming to Chicago...in August? (I know how crazy that sentence sounds...) Horse Days is going to be a blast and I seriously think everyone who owns or is interested in horses should come out and see what we're all about!!


Check out our website to learn more & even buy your tickets online!!

"The dog days are over
The dog days are done
Can you hear the horses?
Because here they come"
 
– Florence + The Machine

No comments: