Saturday, February 26, 2011

Jimmy Is Ready To Work

Every day Jimmy seems to be stronger & stronger, now I fear he's TOO strong. He's got a flicker of an attitude flaring up here and there and I'm not really thrilled with it. I know he's a horse and he's young...and quite honestly he wouldn't be Jimmy if he didn't throw a fit here & there I just am getting rubbed the wrong way by his recent attitude problem.

Today with Lucy he was quicker than normal and it irritated me. If I hadn't been frozen solid I would have thrown a leg over and worked him after her lesson to take his edge off but I couldn't move my fingers, let alone ride. I didn't expect it to be so chilly today!!!

I think his attitude is stemming from my lack of consistency this month. Since I know a random outburst is typical for him I think I just need to take this one in stride and let him be. I'll do what I can to keep things consistent and steady for him, and next week I think I'll put Lucy on one of our other horses.

WHEN WILL SPRING BE HERE?! 

No comments: